Monday, July 16, 2012

PETER & KATE'S HOME

Our daughter Mary took us down to Aromas, California, to visit our son, Peter, and daughter-in-law, Kate in their new home over the past weekend.  They have a beautiful place on a hillside overlooking a large valley where the Driscoll Corporation grows strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc  This is the view from their house (you can enlarge the photo by clicking on it):




As I mentioned above, the house itself sits on a hillside which is full of eucalyptus and assorted fruit trees.  It's their own little Garden of Eden.  Here's a view of theri home from down the hill:



One of the great treats of a country home is the wildlife.  In the morning and evening, the bunnies come out to feed.  I caught this one with my 400mm lens.  He's a handsome little guy.  Don't you think?:



There were birds around, too.  One I hadn't seen before was this one.  I think it's a California thrasher:



Peter told me there were hawks around, but we didn't see any until we were on our way out of the property.  Then Mary spotted this red-shouldered hawk as he flew from the road into the trees with some kind of a meal.  We couldn't tell what it was.  I hope it wasn't a little bunny!:


Anyway, it was a fun visit, and I'm grateful to Mary for doing the driving!




No comments:

Contributors