Wednesday, April 20, 2005

DUCKS ON THE POND

In baseball, a bases loaded situation is described as having "ducks on the pond". That's not what I'm referring to in the headline above. I'm just being very literal. Dickie and I dropped by Sonoma State University the other day and took a walk around the campus. In a pond behind the commons, we came upon this bedraggled mother duck and her five little ducklings. They were busy chowing down on whatever they could find in their moss-filled water home. They hardly bothered when I walked up to them with my trusty camera. And, wouldn't you know, there was a black sheep/duckling in this family, too:

Mom_and_the_kids01.jpg


I caught this one moving away from the pack:

duckling.jpg

This fellow below lives in a lake in our gated community here in Windsor. He
almost always takes a good picture:

swan98.jpg

No comments:

Contributors