Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A DAY AT THE BAY

Dickie and I made a trip to Bodega Bay again yesterday so that I could put my new camera lens to work. It wasn't the best day for photography, since there was no sunshine, but there were still some good opportunities.

We saw some wild turkeys again on the way out, but they were too far away for me to take any pictures worth saving. My first good chance to take a decent picture was finding a canary bouncing around through the weeds on the roadside at beach. This was the best shot I got:

canary77.jpg


We spent quite while at Lucas Wharf where some sea lions were waiting eagerly for handouts from the local fishermen. They didn't get anything while we were there, but they did swim back and forth around the dock and give me a chance to take picture or two. Here's one I liked:

sealion77.jpg

There were plenty of seagulls sitting around, too. I got up close and personal with this guy who was sitting on a post overlooking the water:

gull77.jpg


The pelicans were present in plentiful numbers, too, as they patrolled up and down the waters edge, looking for a meal. Occasionally, they came soaring overhead as this guy did:

pelican77.jpg


All in all, it was a fun morning for this amateur cameraman. I do want to go back when the sun is shining. That's when my new telephoto lens is at its best.

No comments:

Contributors