Wednesday, October 06, 2004

A Beautiful Day in New Jersey

Hey! The sun is shining brightly today. It's a little brisk, but invigorating. Dickie and I didn't walk this morning, since we had some chores to tend to. Maybe we'll still get a walk in later. It looks like a great day to take pictures. I think I'll grab my camera and take a look around.

My Cardinals played a great game yesterday and beat the Dodgers 8 to 3 in the first game of the playoffs. They looked strong! Hope they can keep it up.

We're expecting company this afternoon. Gordon and Evelyn Gross (from Colorado) will be arriving for a brief stay. Haven't seen them in 46 years or more. Should be fun catching up on the between times.

I've been reading Bill Clinton's "My Life" for the last few weeks and I'm coming down the home stretch. It won't win any Pulitzer prize, but it's interesting. How the man managed to do as much as he did, with all the constant nagging of the opposition, is amazing. Of course, he made a monumental mistake, but the hounds were after him, even without that mistake and, that they didn't succeed in bringing him down, is a testimony to his own intelligence and strength.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors