Friday, October 01, 2004

October Begins

I've been patiently waiting for more of my relatives and some of my friends to post a comment or two on this blog site, but, so far, no luck. I'm beginning to think it's too hard for people to figure out how to post a comment.

All you have to do is click on the word "comment" (in yellow) at the end of this post. You'll see a pencil appear and find that the words at the end of this post will change slightly to: "Post a Comment". When you click on those words, you will bring up the "Sign In" page. Since you are not a registered blogger, click on the little blue line that reads "Or post anonymously". You just click on that and start typing in the dialog box that comes up. When you're finished writing, just click on "Submit".

You can say whatever you want here. Tell us how your day is going or what you had for breakfast or what the weather is like in your part of the world. This isn't really a "public" site. I haven't advertised it anywhere except on my web page. Come on! Don't be chicken! Jump in.

1 comment:

Carl Schmidt said...

Hey, Becky,

Thanks for jumping in! These blogs are still a bit complex for most people, I think. For one thing, there is no way for people, other than the administrator of a blog, to know when some friend or relative has posted. As the adminstrator here, I get a reminder, but you don't, so you won't see this post unless you happen to check back on my October 1 post. Even then, the fact that I've answered you here won't be all that obvious until you click on "comments" and take a look at what has been added. That's not good.

That aside, it's great to hear from you and "yes" I did watch the debate and share your sentiments exactly, although I know there are plenty of my relatives and friends who don't. I respect their right to have another view, but I find it impossible to agree with them. Hopefully, one day soon we'll be past all this, although I don't expect it will happen quickly, unless we're attacked from outer space!!

Blog Archive

Contributors