Thursday, October 14, 2004

The Cards and the Astros

Wow! My last post on this blog site was nine days ago. It's amazing how fast time flies when you're having fun!

Dickie and I had a visit from acquaintances from years ago last week. The Grosses stopped by for a couple days. They've been doing that every 45 years now! At least, it was about 45 years ago that we last saw them. Took them down to Atlantic City so they could satisfy their urge to gamble. Didn't win anything but we had fun trying.

At the moment I'm excited about the prospects of my favorite basball team, the St. Louis Cardinals. They beat the Astros, 10 to 7, last night in the first game of the NLCS. I like the Cards' pennant chances at this point. Don't know about the World Series. Looks like whoever wins in the NL will play the Yanks for all the marbles. That could be tough.

I didn't see too much of the Bush/Kerry debate last night, although Dickie watched the whole thing and we recorded it so I could watch it, if the spirit moves me. I've already made up my mind as to how I'll vote, so watching the debate doesn't seem that important anymore.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors